-

3/17/12

Lifting My Spirits


Spring is in the air.
Can you feel it?
I know I can. 
And it is totally lifting my spirits!



There's a wonderful anticipation:

Longer days.
The warmth of sunshine on our faces.
Day trips to the beach.
Outdoor games with the kids.
The smell of fresh cut grass.
A rainbow of flowers making an appearance. 
Iced Tea,
Lemonade and
Margaritas with friends and family.
Savory BBQ on the back deck...just lingering...watching the sun set.


...and, of course, for all you DIYers...spray paint season is coming!!!

Couldn't resist picking up some flowers when I stopped at Safeway for some corned beef and cabbage.  Of course corned beef is our traditional dinner for St. Patty's Day!

 

I did get some spring cleaning done while Scott worked on an upstairs project.  BIG project going on here at the Clarke household.  Things are moving along quite well.  Can't give it all away just yet. Scott is keeping us all in tears of laughter:

Scott is fitting a narrow shelf to the wall. 
This is the upstairs nook that we created a couple of years ago.
It's getting a completely new look and purpose!
I'll have more of a role in this space later. 
For now he just "consults" with me when he's not sure about some aspect.
It's better if I leave him alone during the "construction phase".
I ask way too many questions about why he's doing everything the way he is. 
I'm certain that I drive him CRAZY with questions.
He swears he still loves me!

See that white wire he's holding in his hand? 
It's supposed to be connected down below.
He said it wasn't any big deal.  He'd figure it out later...
Then we noticed that there wasn't ANY power to either of our kids' bedrooms.
 Or the upstairs bathroom.
Or the hall.
I guess by "OK" he meant they could walk around after dark with flashlights! 
He's such a good sport. 
Our daughter, Vanessa, went on for a good 15 minutes or more ~
About how he should have his very own reality show....
but it would be a comedy!
I just sat on the top stair and held my head in my hands.
I was laughing so hard my eyes teared up.
It felt good laughing like that.
Especially because, even though I give him a hard time, I know...
He always works it out in the end. 
:)


Until we have something more to show you, I just have some fun pictures to share. 



I hope you enjoy them.

Tulips are my absolute favorite flower and I'm loving the look of this gorgeous bouquet I found today.


The bench will eventually find it's way onto the back deck. 
Once we get past the rainy weather that is Spring in the Great Northwest.

The little silk flower came with a wooden salad bowl set that my In-laws brought me from Hawaii. 
I love it. 
I'll have to post about a really yummy salad soon so I can share it with you here.  ;)

My mom got this basket/bowl at Habitat for Humanity last time they visited. 
She actually bought it for some big round light bulbs that were inside it. 
Can't wait to see what she does with them @ Gladiola Smiles, her new blog.  Hurry up MOM! 
We want to see some light bulb projects!!!
I got to keep the darling bowl!!!  Thanks MOM.  Love you!

Can you see the glass laying on top of the white cabinet in the background?  That's an upcoming project.  Can't tell you too much, but I'm waiting patiently for it's number to be called!  I would do it myself, but my darling hubby is so good with the power tools,  I don't want to step on his toes or anything...

I SWEAR I'm being PATIENT!
We are so happy to have you stop by.  Hope your visit was enjoyable.  I'm heading in to add the cabbage and veggies to the pan with the corned beef.  It's smelling quite delicious already.

No comments :

Post a Comment